The post was originally published in Polish on Artur’s LinkedIn profile. Artur kindly agreed that we repost what we think is of great value to our readers.
Here are the top 8 Silicon Valley VC firms to keep in mind in 2023.
- Sequoia Capital has been a leader in the VC scene since 1972. They have a vast track record of investing in pioneers (Apple, Google, and PayPal) and continue to demonstrate an uncanny ability to identify disruptive innovations. They support startups on different continents, making them one of the most important players in the startup ecosystem.
- Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) is known for its bold investment approach since its inception in 2009, a16z is keen to support innovative technology companies. Since then, they’ve invested millions in Facebook, Twitter, and Airbnb. They provide more than just financial support. Their strategies help accelerate startups’ growth from concept to market dominance.
- Benchmark has pioneered the model of equal partnership since its inception in 1995. They invested in eBay, Twitter, and Uber. They have a trained eye for identifying startups that are ready to transform the industry.
- Kleiner Perkins has been associated with the Tech Boom and the Silicon Valley since 1972. Despite the different cycles of technological evolution, they remain a strong pillar in the VC world. They invested in Amazon, Google, and Electronic Arts.
- Bessemer Venture Partners are the oldest VC fund in the USA, as they have been operating since 1911. They have over 120 IPOs behind their back. They invested in Shopify, Wix, Linkedin, and Twitch. They also have an Anti Portfolio on the website where they showcase their missed investments.
- Greylock Partners is known for its rich history and portfolio, founded in 1965. Their deep understanding of the technology landscape and their knack for identifying disruptive companies in the industry have cemented their position. Among the company’s high-profile investments are LinkedIn and Airbnb.
- Accel Partners was founded in 1983. Known for his strategic investments and in-depth knowledge of the industry, it consistently demonstrates an excellent understanding of technology companies, trends, and the potential of emerging startups. They invested in Facebook at an early stage. They saw the huge potential of the social media platform and played a huge role in the development of the platform.
- Index Ventures originated in Europe, but since 1996 it has been combining working in Europe and America. Their most well-known investments include Dropbox, Slack, and Etsy. Index Ventures continues to connect European and U.S. tech ecosystems, consistently supporting promising startups on both sides of the Atlantic.
Creator, entrepreneur and investor – I write about my experiences with startups, technology and business.