- Second Unicorn Battle Q2 2023 will take place on May 11th
- The Battle gathers international startups working in Biotech and Neuroscience
- Two participant slots are still available for startups working with warehousing, shipping, delivery services, supply chain managements, marketplaces, etc.
On May 4th 2023, Unicorn Events kicked off yet another series of their Unicorn Battles Q2 2023 with the AI & Software + AR & VR Battle. Biotech & Neuroscience Battle on May 11th will contribute to the roster of winners to participate in Unicorn CUP Finals Q2 2023.
Network.VC, Silicon Valley Syndicate Club, and Startup Inc. are the sponsors of the event. Ten startups will pitch before tier-one investors as judges and experts who will determine the winners. Startups of the following sub-niches are welcome to apply to participate in the Battle:
There are three ways for a startup to enter the competition:
- Winners of Unicorn Events’ geography-specific pitches get whitelisted automatically
- Founders are welcome to apply here and get admitted to the competition by Unicorn Events’ analysts. Before applying, please take a look at the startups’ application procedure.
- Founders can also sponsor their pitches here and get shortlisted automatically
Here are the startups that have already been announced as participants:
- Bac3Gel – a Portuguese microbiome miner
- illumifyDx – an American developer of a portable biopsy device for detecting metastasis in Head and Neck cancer patients
- Medicsen – a Spanish developer of non-invasives patches for drug delivery
- Meta-Brain Labs – a US-based provider of tools for human mindset reset at scale
- mk2 Biotechnologies – a German startup that synthesizes bioactive proteins and peptides
- Parrots Inc. – an American AI-powered platform for developing smart telecare to people with neurological disorders
- SOAP Health – a US-based AI-powered development of automation of patient intake, risk and symptom assessment
- Sonogen Medical – an American developer of an ultrasonic bone growth stimulator
- Vision Surgery AI – a US-based developer of AI-powered data-driven surgery models to eliminate error in surgery
Some of the experts who will be assessing the pitches have also already been announced:
- Oleksandr Soroka – Partner and CEO at Network.VC
- Kelly Luo – Founder and Investor at Mans International, Canada
- Gavan Wall – Co-Founder at The Change Innovation Services Ltd, the UK
- John Kojiro Moriwaka – Director of Startup Grind Fukuoka, Japan
- Gabriel Žanko, Venture Partner at Urano Capital, Colombia
- Subrata Patra, Managing Partner at IdeaCapital Ventures, India
- Dr Ella Li, CEO at Hanhai Biolabs, the USA
- Michal Zalesak, Co-Founder and Managing Partner at Lighthouse Ventures, the Czech Republic
- Omar Abedin, Project Director at National Incubation Center Karachi and CEO at PakTekHub, Pakistan
- Nurul Hai, VP at SEAF, Bangladesh
- Kay Gruenwoldt, Investor at Midgame Fund, the Netherlands
The pitching session will take place at 17:00 GMT May 11th in Zoom. As usual, founders will have 5-6 minutes each to pitch their startups and answer the judges’ and experts’ questions. The judges and experts, in turn, will determine the winners.
Regular startup enthusiasts are also welcome to attend and vote, tickets are available at Eventbite. There is also an option to donate to charities that help Ukrainians affected by the ongoing war.
Unicorn Event’s previous pitches and battles are available in full on their official YouTube channel.
Kostiantyn is a freelance writer from Crimea but based in Lviv. He loves writing about IT and high tech because those topics are always upbeat and he’s an inherent optimist!