- Third Unicorn Battle Q1 2023 will take place on on January 26th
- The Battle will be dedicated to Software & Services
- Ten participant slots are already filled, but the organizers may still accept one or two exceptional startups working with apps, data mining, data storage, data analytics, data integration, data visualization, computer vision, and software engineering
Unicorn Battles Q1 2023 commence with the Software & Services Battle. It will take place on January 26th and determine the third participant of the Unicorn CUP Finals Q1 2023 which will take place on March 16th.
Network.VC, Silicon Valley Syndicate Club, and Startup Inc. are the regular sponsors of the event. Ten or more startups will pitch before top-tier VC representatives as judges and experts who will determine the winner. The winner will get the chance to compete with winning startups from other industries at the Unicorn CUP Finals. Startups of the following sub-niches are welcome to apply to participate in the Battle:
- Software Engineering
- Computer Vision
- Data Integration
- Data Storage
- Data Mining
- Data Visualization
- Data Analytics
There are three ways for a startup to enter the competition:
- Winners of Unicorn Events’ geography-specific pitches get whitelisted automatically
- Founders are welcome to apply here and get admitted to the competition by Unicorn Events’ analysts. Before applying, please take a look at the startups’ application procedure.
- Founders can also sponsor their pitches here and get shortlisted automatically
The ten selected participants include:
- Mosaic – an American rewards app provider for cannabis retailers
- Newark – an Italian platform for instant real estate sale
- Moticheck – an Estonian SaaS for monitoring employees’ vitals
- SMS-iT – a US-based AI-powered omnichannel messaging and marketing platform
- BeforeSunset – an American all-in-one platform for workday planning and management
- Mazmobi – a Mexican network of vehicle hubs
- Soliddd – a US-based adaptive optics developer
- Decube Data – a Singaporean no-code platform for data governance and observability
- ListAcross – an American all-in-one platform for sellers to enter P2P marketplaces
- Elomia Health – a Ukrainian AI-powered therapist chatbot
Some of the МС representatives who will be judging the pitching startups have already been announced:
- Oleksandr Soroka – Partner & CEO at Network.VC
- Kelly Luo – Founder and Investor at Mans International (Canada)
- Ines Bergman-Nolting – Managing Partner at Future Energy Ventures (Germany)
- Rafeh Saleh – Founding Partner at Cubit Ventures (Egypt)
- Walied Albasheer – Founding Partner at Intuitio Ventures
- Saul Orbach – Founder and Managing Director at The Elul Funds (Israel)
- Yurii Sereshchenko – Managing Director at QPDigital (Ukraine)
- Ian Ziddah – Operating Partner at Chanzo Capital (Ghana)
The pitching session will take place at 17:00 GMT January 26th in Zoom. Each startup representative will have 5-6 minutes to pitch and answer the judges’ questions. Once all the pitches are done, the vote will determine the winner.
General audiences are also welcome to attend and vote, tickets are available at Eventbite. There is also an option to donate to charities that help Ukrainians affected by the ongoing war.
Unicorn Event’s previous pitches and battles are available in full on their official YouTube channel.
Kostiantyn is a freelance writer from Crimea but based in Lviv. He loves writing about IT and high tech because those topics are always upbeat and he’s an inherent optimist!