- Eighth Unicorn Battle Q1 2023 will take place on March 2nd
- The Battle will be dedicated to Crypto & Blockchain
- 9 participants have already been selected, one vacant spot remains
March 2nd is the date for the eighth event in the Unicorn Battles Q1 2023 series: the Crypto & Blockchain Battle. The sixth participant of the Unicorn CUP Finals Q1 2023 – which will take place on March 16th – will be determined.
Network.VC, Silicon Valley Syndicate Club, and Startup Inc. are the regular sponsors of the event. Nine startups have been selected to pitch before tier-one VC representatives. The regular number of participants in a Battle is ten – so one more startup can be selected.
The winner will move to the next level and cross swords with other winning startups at the Unicorn CUP Finals. All startups relating to the crypto and blockchain industry are welcome to apply to participate in the Battle.
There are three ways for a startup to enter the competition:
- Winners of Unicorn Events’ geography-specific pitches get whitelisted automatically
- Founders are welcome to apply here and get admitted to the competition by Unicorn Events’ analysts. Before applying, please take a look at the startups’ application procedure.
- Founders can also sponsor their pitches here and get shortlisted automatically
The nine selected participants include:
- Umoja Labs – an American decentralized credit protocol aimed at emerging markets
- Crecy – a Mexican crypto-backed credit card provider
- B.A.M Ticketing – an Austrian blockchain-powered ticket vendor
- Timeless Wallet – a US-based non-custodial multichain multi-feature wallet
- TuffDAO – an American tokenized yield farming smart contract platform
- Zeemcoin – a Spanish blockchain-powered sustainable mobility community
- Wall ID – a British decentralized wallet based on verified credentials
- Defindor – a US-based cybersecurity provider for crypto wallets
- EYWA – a UAE-based cross-chain data and liquidity protocol
The esteemed jury of the Industry Agnostic Unicorn Battle Q1 2023 will include:
- Oleksandr Soroka – Partner & CEO at Network.VC
- Aldo Schenone, CEO at Palgo Peru (Peru)
- Gaurav Shah, Managing Partner at Arete Ventures (India)
- John Kojiro Moriwaka, Director of Startup Grind Fukuoka (Japan)
- Gabriel Žanko, Venture Partner at Urano Capital (Colombia)
- Tobias Bauer, Partner at Blockchain Founders Fund of ScaleX Ventures (Singapore)
- Nikhil Choudhary, Founding Partner at Nirman Ventures (The USA)
- Dr Peter Boras – Managing Director at The Change Innovation Services (Germany)
The event begins at 17:00 GMT, March 2nd, and the place is Zoom. Each founder will have 5-6 minutes to pitch. After all the pitches are done, there will be a few more minutes for the jury to finalize their vote and determine the winner.
General audiences are also welcome to attend and vote, tickets are available at Eventbite.
Unicorn Events’ previous pitches and battles are available in full on the official YouTube channel.
Kostiantyn is a freelance writer from Crimea but based in Lviv. He loves writing about IT and high tech because those topics are always upbeat and he’s an inherent optimist!