Perspektywy Women in Tech Summit 2019 summary – key facts, interesting data and things that resonated with me. Check it out
Last week I had the pleasure to participate in Perspektywy Women in Tech Summit – the biggest conference for women in technology in Europe.
The event in numbers:
- 6350 participants (!)
- 52 different countries represented by the guests
- 150 speakers giving lectures
- 80 technology, career, and soft-skill workshops
- 154 mentoring sessions
The summit was a 2-day experience fulfilled with ideas, inspirations, women’s power, networking, mentoring, a great self-development opportunity empowered by the energy of the Tech&IT enthusiasts gathered at the event.
It’s impossible to summarize all the great speeches, panel debates, workshops, and mentoring sessions, however, I want to share with you a couple of things that resonated with me, some of them I’ve shared already in previous posts during the event, here are a few more:
- ‘Those who are high on Emotional Intelligence are the best leaders. Having women on boards has an economic sense’ from the debate on women in the forefront and the leadership we need in the 21st century.
- ‘You need to have a plan but be willing to change the course’ by Sabrina Gonzalez Pasterski, a genius young physicist. Her research was quoted by Stephen Hawking. Her vision of the future, with visions by other world’s geniuses, has recently been sent into space by SpaceX.
- ‘If you don’t advocate for yourself, who else will? What’s the worst that could happen?’ by Jessica Hall, who did a great speech about leaping for the career you want
- ‘If my life is mine, I have to do it my way’ by Carla de Luca, a wonderful woman, and a great engineer who shared her personal story and the meaning of science in her life
- Don’t waste your time and energy on anything that will not prepare you forward in your career’ by Georgette Mosbacher, US Ambassador for Poland
There are a couple of data and information presented during the opening session that is worth mentioning as well:
Jadwiga Emilewicz, former Minister of Entrepreneurship and Technology and now the Minister of Development at her speech highlighted that according to the report ‘Women potential for technology industry’ prepared by Siemens and Perspektywy, in companies that support women in managerial positions the return on capital is by 35% higher and the overall return rate for stakeholders is higher by 34% than in other comparable organizations.
Rafal Trzaskowski, Mayor of Warsaw stressed that Warsaw is all about diversity which is a key ingredient to success. Creating diverse teams delivers measurable benefits. Studies show that gender diversity alone can generate up to 21% more of income and a 35% increase in competitiveness in the entire organization and almost double the number of innovations.
Jose M.F. Moura, President, and CEO of IEEE underlined that gender equality is not only the fundamental right of the prosperous and modern economy that provides sustainable, inclusive growth. Gender equality is essential for ensuring that men and women contribute fully to the betterment of societies and economies at large. A balanced combination of men and women in leadership and STEM jobs will improve creativity and innovation, leading to positive economic and social-cultural change.
And the last one – the biggest surprise of the event evening celebration was a presentation of the legendary cryptograph – Enigma! One lucky woman was nominated to encrypt a message and later, those who wanted had a unique opportunity to touch the machine. I did!
This event was a blast! Congratulations and kudos to dr Bianka Siwinska for organizing this amazing event. If you want to experience this yourself next time, save the date – the next Perspektywy Women in Tech Summit takes place on December 2-3, 2020.
#womenintechsummit // #womeninit // #summit2019 // #technology // #sharetheexperience // #perspektywy2019 // #boostthechange // #womenpower // #womenleader // #womenleadership // #diversity // #inclusion
A successful sales leader and senior business professional with 15+ years of experience in the IT industry.