- Third Unicorn Battle Q2 2023 will take place on May 18th
- The Battle will be dedicated to fintech, blockchain, and crypto
- No participants have been announced yet
Unicorn Battles Q2 2023 commence with the Fintech + Crypto + Blockchain Battle. It will take place on May 18th and determine the final participant(s) of the Unicorn CUP Finals Q1 2023 which will take place on May 25th.
Network.VC, Silicon Valley Syndicate Club, and Startup Inc. will be the traditional sponsors of the event. Ten or more startups will pitch before top-tier VC representatives as judges and experts whose vote will determine the winners. The latter will get to compete with other winning startups from other industries at the Unicorn CUP Finals. Startups of the following sub-niches are welcome to apply to participate in the Battle:
- Financial Services
- Personal Finance
- Mobile Payments
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Virtual Currency
- Fraud Detection
- Asset and wealth management
- Prediction Markets
- Sharing Economy
There are three ways for a startup to enter the competition:
- Winners of Unicorn Events’ geography-specific pitches get whitelisted automatically
- Founders are welcome to apply here and get admitted to the competition by Unicorn Events’ analysts. Before applying, please take a look at the startups’ application procedure.
- Founders can also sponsor their pitches here and get shortlisted automatically
As of now, no participants have been announced. It is left to assume that all ten participant spots are still vacant.
The VС representatives who will be judging the pitching startups have already been announced:
- Oleksandr Soroka – Partner & CEO at Network.VC
- Gavan Wall – Co-Founder at The Change Innovation Services Ltd (the UK)
- Kelly Luo – Founder and Investor at Mans International (Canada)
- John Kojiro Moriwaka – Director of Startup Grind Fukuoka (Japan)
- Gabriel Žanko, Venture Partner at Urano Capital (Colombia)
- Subrata Patra, Managing Partner at IdeaCapital Ventures (India)
- Michal Zalesak, Co-Founder and Managing Partner at Lighthouse Ventures (the Czech Republic)
- Omar Abedin, Project Director at National Incubation Center Karachi and CEO at PakTekHub (Pakistan)
- Nurul Hai, VP at SEAF, Bangladesh
- Kay Gruenwoldt, Investor at Midgame Fund (the Netherlands)
The pitching session will take place at 17:00 GMT May 18th in Zoom. Each startup representative will have 5-6 minutes to pitch and answer the judges’ and experts’ questions. Once all the pitches are done, the vote will determine the winner.
General audiences are also welcome to attend and vote, tickets are available at Eventbite. There is also an option to donate to charities that help Ukrainians affected by the ongoing war.
Unicorn Event’s previous pitches and battles are available in full on their official YouTube channel.
Kostiantyn is a freelance writer from Crimea but based in Lviv. He loves writing about IT and high tech because those topics are always upbeat and he’s an inherent optimist!