- Launch is a Romanian industry-agnostic platform for supporting the local startup ecosystem
- This May, they organize their first healthtech event
- The event will consist of startup presentations, as well as keynote speeches and panel discussions
On May 18th, all Romanian medtech and healthtech founders and investors, as well as representatives of the private and public healthcare environment and media, are welcome at Bucharest’s Apollo111 where the Launch Health Tech event will take place. Industry’s leading experts will share about healthcare innovation, research, collaboration, scaling, and funding.
Launch is the Romanian platform that supports early-stage startups in all their activities – from feedback to access to funding opportunities. It is a joint initiative by How to Web, Google for Startups, and InnovX-BCR. Last December, Launch organized a Deep Tech event. This time, they partnered with MedStarter Hub and HealthFluencer’s founder Diana Mereu (who will also host the event) for the first edition of Launch Health Tech.
The event is dedicated to the technologies that drive the ongoing transformation of the medical industry – from devices and apps to AI and blockchain. Its goal is to demonstrate that the Romanian ecosystem celebrates the progress and innovation in all the segments of the local healthcare industry. The event will consist of private demos and presentations, public keynote speeches and panels, and – of course – networking.
Speakers and Topics
The topics will include:
- the state support for medtech and healthtech startups in Romania
- legal aspects of driving healthcare innovation
- acceleration and investment opportunities for healthtech startups
- corporate wellbeing and corporation-related opportunities for healthech startups
They will be covered by such speakers as:
- Anca Luca, Community Manager at BCR
- Alexandra Pahomi, Marketing Manager Central Europe at Google
- Lucian Paraschiv, Founder at MedStarter HUB
- Andrei Baciu, Secretary of State at the Ministry of Health of Romania
- Oana Cosman, Editor ib Chief at start-up.ro
- Oana Ilie, HR Director at Tazz by eMAG
- George Manea, Senior Manager of the Life Sciences, Technology and Compliance department at KPMG
- Sergiu Negut, Partner at Cleverage VC
- Claudiu Pandaru, Co-Founder at Parol APP
- Mihai Pisla, Co-Founder at upgrade.health
- Alexandra Popescu, Chief Growth Officer at ATLAS.app
- Roxana Sabau, Co-Founder and CBO at Synaptiq.io
- Daniel Stan, Co-Founder and CCO at Femyo
- Elena Vrabie, Country Lead Romania at The Recursive
In a Nutshell:
- Where: Apollo111, Bucharest, Romania
- When: May 18, 2023 16:00 CET
- Price: FREE
- Tickets, complete agenda, and more information: here
Kostiantyn is a freelance writer from Crimea but based in Lviv. He loves writing about IT and high tech because those topics are always upbeat and he’s an inherent optimist!