- Fifth Unicorn Battle Q1 2023 will take place on February 9th
- The Battle will be dedicated to AR, VR, Metaverse, and NFTs
- The jury will determine the winner from ten participants
Unicorn Battles Q1 2023 commence with the AR/VR & Metaverse/NFT Battle. It will take place on February 9th and determine the fifth participant of the Unicorn CUP Finals Q1 2023 which will take place on March 16th.
Network.VC, Silicon Valley Syndicate Club, and Startup Inc. are the regular sponsors of the event. Ten founders will pitch their startups before tier-one VC representatives as judges and experts. The winner will go on to compete with other winning startups at the Unicorn CUP Finals. Startups of the following sub-niches are welcome to apply to participate in the Battle:
- Immersive Media
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Assets
- Digital Avatars
- Virtual Worlds
- Virtual Events
There are three ways for a startup to enter the competition:
- Winners of Unicorn Events’ geography-specific pitches get whitelisted automatically
- Founders are welcome to apply here and get admitted to the competition by Unicorn Events’ analysts. Before applying, please take a look at the startups’ application procedure.
- Founders can also sponsor their pitches here and get shortlisted automatically
The ten selected participants include:
- Aradena – a British web3 PvP game developer
- Union Avatars – a Spanish provider ofcross-platform avatars
- Virtway – a Spanish developer of metaverse technology for mobile devices
- Ailand – a Portuguese decentralized platform for creating and selling games and virtual items
- 3Blocks – an American DeFi marketplace for tokenized real estate
- XSight – an Australian AR adventures platform
- metalistings.xyz – a Canadian social web3 marketplace
- Gaize – a US-based developer of VR headsets for detecting cannabis empairment
- Gabb Global – an American VR-based language learning platform
- Walker Industries – an American manufacturer of stand-alone VR headsets
The Battle’s Judges Panel consists of:
- Alexander Soroka, CEO at Network.VC
- Gabriel Žanko, venture partner at Urano Capital (Colombia)
- Aldo Schenone, founder and CEO at Palgo Peru (Peru)
- Gaurav Shah, managing partner at Arete Ventures (India)
- Nikhil Choudhary, founding partner at Nirman Ventures, (The USA)
- Kay Gruenwoldt, investor at Midgame Fund (The Netherlands)
- John Kojiro Moriwaka, director of Startup Grind Fukuoka (Japan)
The Battle will take place at 17:00 GMT February 9th in Zoom. Each founder will have 5-6 minutes to pitch, and after all the pitches are done, there will be a few more minutes for the jury to finalize the vote that will determine the winner.
General audiences are also welcome to attend and vote, tickets are available at Eventbite.
Unicorn Events’ previous pitches and battles are available in full on the official YouTube channel.
Kostiantyn is a freelance writer from Crimea but based in Lviv. He loves writing about IT and high tech because those topics are always upbeat and he’s an inherent optimist!