- Flashpoint’s SummerSaaS 2023 will take place on June 20 via Hopin
- The event will consist of pitching sessions and panel discussions
- Seed-stage startups from across five tracks – vertical SaaS, horizontal SaaS, developer tools, fintech, and health tech – are welcome to take part
On June 20, Flashpoint invites Seed-stage startups from all over Europe and Israel, to its annual SummerSaaS pitching session. For the fourth time, startups will be welcome to pitch themselves before the representative of leading local and global funds. In addition, the fund representatives will share their insights about the ongoing trends in venture capital and startup ecosystems on panel discussions. The event will take place online via Hopin.
Flashpoint is an international investment group with offices across CEE, as well as in London, Tel-Aviv, and Nicosia.The group manages funds for almost 130 family offices and HNWIs with a total AUM of over USD 400M. Up to date, Flashpoint has invested in over 60 companies (including Guesty, Chili Piper, OfficeRnD, etc.) and completed twelve exits (including, most famously, Shazam to Apple and Chess.com to PokerStars founders and General Atlantic).
This year, the pitching is divided into five tracks:
- Vertical SaaS
- Horizontal SaaS
- Developer Tools
- Health Tech
Aside from fitting into one of these categories, the applying startups need to have a monthly recurring revenue between USD 10K and 100K and/or raised between USD 300K and 3M. Eligible startups are welcome to apply here, the deadline is June 10th.
Five applicants will be selected for each track. Winners from each track will compete for the main prize at the Grand Finals.
Additionally, there will be a Startup Alley providing an opportunity for other applicants to showcase themselves.
Speakers and Agenda
The topics of the panel discussions will mostly revolve around the trend of receding VC investments. More specifically, they will include:
- Early-stage startups coping with slower capital deployment
- CVC in 2023
- Boosting scouting efficiency
- The increasing popularity of venture debt
- Secondary transaction opportunities in the present-pay environment
SummerSaaS 2023 jury and speakers will include such names as:
- Esat Acar, VP at 500 Emerging Europe
- Csongor Biás, Managing Director at Startup Hungary
- Stan Bokov, Co-founder at TradingView
- Adam Borowicz, Partnerships and Business Development at Orbify
- Ewa Chronowska, General Partner at Next Road Ventures
- Bori Farkas-Fözy, VC Investor at UNIQA Ventures
- Louis Geoffroy-Terryn, Ecosystems Research Lead at Dealroom.co
- Maciek Gnutek, General Partner at Credo Ventures
- Omri Green, Partner at Dell Technologies Capital
- Andreas Helbig, Partner at Atomico
- Martha Ivanovas, Deal Flow and Portfolio Manager at Intel Ignite Europe
- Alex Konoplyasty, Co-Founder General Partner at Flashpoint
- Nadia Lazarova, Investment Team at Molten Ventures
- Michał Lewandowski, Senior Investment Manager at Elevator Ventures
- Magda Lukaszewicz, VC at Balderton Capital
- Eyal Malinger, Partner at Beringea
- Tomer Meridor, Principal at Viola Growth
- Deepali Nangia, Partner at Speedinvest
- Tamara Orlova, CFO at Flo Health Inc.
- Valeri Petrov, Partner at Eleven Ventures
- Marton Sarkadi Nagy, Partner at Visionaries Club
- Joshua Stein, VC at Target Global
- Marta Szczerba, Tech Growth Investor at KKR
- Alexander Zemlyak, Head of Israel at Leta Capital
- And more. Check out the full list here.
In a Nutshell
- When: June 20 2023
- Where: Online via Hopin
- Tickets: Pitch desk submission for startups here, free registration for other participants here.
- More information: the event’s official website
Kostiantyn is a freelance writer from Crimea but based in Lviv. He loves writing about IT and high tech because those topics are always upbeat and he’s an inherent optimist!