3D dressing room, medical simulator for cardiologists, a device for home health monitoring, an interactive mirror, a portable laboratory in your pocket, smartphones, an application for ordering meals in a restaurant without the participation of a waiter – these are just some of the innovative business ideas appreciated by the jury of the Startup Challenge.
Hundreds of startups with their most innovative projects on May 15 and 16th will present themselves in Katowice in front of the audience of the European Economic Congress (EEC) and the accompanying European Start-up Days.
“Technologies that will change the world” this slogan will be the third edition of one of the largest events dedicated to startups in Poland. This year’s edition of European Startup Days will be attended by over 70 speakers, several startups, and over 2,500 guests. They will be able to choose from a rich program of discussion panels, mentor presentations, practical case studies and presentations of startup ideas.
“Our goal is to make the third edition of European Startup Days (ESD), without losing anything from the original, free formula, more effectively associate innovative startups with large entities willing to invest in the future. ESD coincides with the European Economic Congress, which last year had 9,000. Participants – says Wojciech Kuśpik, president of the board of PTWP, initiator of the European Economic Congress.
“Those who have the best ideas for business and want to implement them or develop on a wider scale, will have the opportunity to show off, establish cooperation with investors and experts, win a shareholder, and interest the media. Those who are curious about the innovative and bold way of thinking will certainly find many eye-catching ideas. We warmly invite everyone who is not indifferent to any progress, innovations, and knowledge – Mr. Kuśpik adds.
Almost 200 startups have applied to participate in this year’s edition of the Startup Challenge. The jury selected 100 most interesting, which will present themselves in the Scaleup Alley – dedicated to business visionaries of the Katowice Spodek space. The authors of the 18 best concepts will perform not only on the presentation stages of the European Startup Days but also the European Economic Congress at the International Congress Center in Katowice, competing for victory in six areas:
- NEW INDUSTRY (Industry 4.0, robotics, automation, production systems, new materials , space industry);
- ENVIRONMENT (Environmental protection: technologies for climate, ecological crops, smart energy, use of raw materials, waste processing)
- TRADITION & MODERNITY (Traditional industry, energy, telecommunications, transport, construction)
- HEALTH & BIOTECHNOLOGY (Medicine, health, medical technologies, pharmacy, biotechnology)
- BUSINESS PROCESSES (Management, analytics, ICT, cybersecurity, logistics, HR)
- CLIENT & LIFESTYLE (Trade, customer experience, e-commerce, fintech, edutech, gaming, sports, leisure industry).