- DEPO Ventures and other Czech and CEE funds announce the fifth Engaged Investments conference
- The event will investigate the ongoing and emerging trends in VC investments in the Czech republic and CEE
- The date is October 24-25th, and the place is Kaiserstein Palace in Prague
On October 24-25th, the renowned Czech VC firm DEPO Ventures welcomes startup entrepreneurs and investors to the fifth edition of its Engaged Investments Conference. This year, the one-of-a-kind event for the Czech VC ecosystem will take a whole two days with the first day focusing on startups and the second day dedicated to investors.
The first day’s Startup Fair will feature Pre-Seed-, Seed-, and A-stage startups, nominated by DEPO Ventures and other VC partners of the Conference (including Presto Ventures, J&T Ventures, Credo Ventures, Baltic Sandbox, and more). Additionally, this year’s Engaged Investments Conference will host the Czech regional round of the famous Startup World Cup competition.
On the second day, seasoned keynote speakers and panelists will share their insights on the pros and cons of traditional VC and angel investment in the Czech Republic and the CEE region. The topics will include the impact of the ongoing macroeconomic shocks, such as the ongoing recessions and Russia’s war against Ukraine.
Additionally, the second day’s agenda will be complemented by a set of workshops and roundtable discussions:
- impact investing workshop by Tilia Impact Ventures
- portfolio building strategies workshop by Presto Ventures
- military and defense industry discussions by Baltic Sandbox
- insights into space technology investments by Cassini Matchmaking (under the European Union Agency for the Space Program (EUSPA)
- investment support in the Czech Republic and beyond by CzechInvest
The confirmed keynote speakers and panelists include:
- Marvin Liao, Global Macro Investor and Startup Operator
- Mary McKenna, Angel Investor
- Keith Grose, Angel Investor
- Petr Šíma, Partner at DEPO Ventures
- Adam Kočík, VC Investor at J&T Ventures
- Přemysl Rubeš, Founder and Managing Partner at Presto Ventures
- Vojta Roček, Partner at Presto Ventures
- Frederik Brandis, Investor at Antler
- Marcin Hejka, Founder and Partner at OTB Ventures
- Jonathan Hollis, Managing Partner at Mountside Ventures
- Bakhrom Ibragimov, CE Region Partner at Molten Ventures
- Karolína Mrozková, General Partner at Credo Ventures
- Tomáš Pačinda, Partner at Kaya VC
- Nikola Rafaj, Director at StartupYard
- Raviv Sapir, Investor at Blue Future Partners
- Davis Siksnans, Angel Investor
- Damir Špojlarič, Angel Investor
- Viktorija Trimbel, Managing Director at CoInvest Capital
- And more. Check out the complete agenda at the Engaged Investments Conference’s official website.
In a Nutshell:
- Where: Kaiserstein Palace, Prague, the Czech Republic
- When: October 24-25, 2023 13:00 CET
- Price: EUR 380-1,500, tickets here
- More information: here
Kostiantyn is a freelance writer from Crimea but based in Lviv. He loves writing about IT and high tech because those topics are always upbeat and he’s an inherent optimist!