- Unicorn Battles Q2 2023 begin on May 4th
- The events series begin with AI + Software + AR/VR Battle
- 7/10 participant slots are still available for startups working with AI and speech recognition, AR/VR, cloud, cyber security, data, SaaS, etc.
Less than two months after Unicorn Events concluded their Unicorn Battles Q1 2023, they are already announcing the new series of Battles. Unicorn Battles Q2 2023 begin on May 4th with AI + Software + AR/VR Battle. This time, the series will consist of only three industry-specific battles and culminate on May 25th with Unicorn CUP Finals Q2 2023.
Network.VC, Silicon Valley Syndicate Club, and Startup Inc. are the traditional sponsors of the event and the series. Top-tier VC representatives will be the judges who will determine the winners out of the (roughly) ten startups who will pitch live and compete for their attention. The winners will cross swords with other industry-specific winners at the Unicorn CUP Finals. Startups of the following sub-niches are welcome to apply to participate in the Battle:
- 3D Technology
- AR/VR and Computer Vision
- Cloud Management and Cloud Security
- Cyber Security and Network Security
- Marketing Automation and Digital Marketing
- Quantum Computing
- Speech Recognition
There are three ways for a startup to enter the competition:
- Winners of Unicorn Events’ geography-specific pitches get whitelisted automatically
- Founders are welcome to apply here and get admitted to the competition by Unicorn Events’ analysts. Before applying, please take a look at the startups’ application procedure.
- Founders can also sponsor their pitches here and get shortlisted automatically
Here are the startups that have already been selected as participants:
- deepeye Medical – a German developer of the AI-powered therapy prognosis tool for eye doctors
- Jeda.ai – an American developer of AI workspace canvas for visual content
- MRGN – a US-based business intelligence solution provider
- Preamble, Inc. – an American developer of a firewal for the safe use of ChatGPT and other Large Language Models
- Scramjet – a Polish automation solution developer for resource-effective data integration
- SOAP Health – an US-based AI-powered development of automation of patient intake, risk and symptom assessment
- xBlock – an American developer of an AI-powered AR-based assistant for the restaurant industry
The experts who will be assessing the pitches have also already been announced. They are:
- Oleksandr Soroka – Partner & CEO at Network.VC
- Gavan Wall – Co-Founder at The Change Innovation Services Ltd (the UK)
- John Kojiro Moriwaka – Director of Startup Grind Fukuoka (Japan)
- Gabriel Žanko, Venture Partner at Urano Capital (Colombia)
- Subrata Patra, Managing Partner at IdeaCapital Ventures (India)
- Kelly Luo – Founder and Investor at Mans International (Canada)
- Michal Zalesak, Co-Founder and Managing Partner at Lighthouse Ventures (the Czech Republic)
- Omar Abedin, Project Director at National Incubation Center Karachi and CEO at PakTekHub (Pakistan)
The pitching session will take place at 17:00 GMT May 4th in Zoom. Founders will have 5-6 minutes each to pitch their startups and answer the judges’ questions, after which the vote will determine the winner.
Regular startup enthusiasts are also welcome to attend and vote, tickets are available at Eventbite. There is also an option to donate to charities that help Ukrainians affected by the ongoing war.
For any additional inquiries, please write to [email protected].
Unicorn Event’s previous pitches and battles are available in full on their official YouTube channel.
Kostiantyn is a freelance writer from Crimea but based in Lviv. He loves writing about IT and high tech because those topics are always upbeat and he’s an inherent optimist!