- Second Unicorn Battle Q1 2023 will take place on January 19th
- The Battle will welcome international startups dealing with eCommerce and Logistics
- Two participant slots are still available for startups working with warehousing, shipping, delivery services, supply chain management, marketplaces, etc.
On January 12th 2023, Unicorn Events started a new series of their Unicorn Battles Q1 2023 with the Robots & Hardware Battle. eCommerce & Logistics Battle on January 19th will be the second of the nine industry-specific battles and determine one more participant at the Unicorn CUP Finals Q1 2023.
Network.VC, Silicon Valley Syndicate Club, and Startup Inc. are the sponsors of the event. Ten startups will be selected to pitch before top-tier VC representatives as judges who will determine the winner. The winning startup will get the chance to compete with other industry-specific winners at the Unicorn CUP Finals. Startups of the following sub-niches are welcome to apply to participate in the Battle:
- Delivery services
- Supply chain management
There are three ways for a startup to enter the competition:
- Winners of Unicorn Events’ geography-specific pitches get whitelisted automatically
- Founders are welcome to apply here and get admitted to the competition by Unicorn Events’ analysts. Before applying, please take a look at the startups’ application procedure.
- Founders can also sponsor their pitches here and get shortlisted automatically
Here are the startups that have already been announced as participants:
- Lomi – a Chilean one-stop shop SaaS for managing and optimizing stocks, dispatches, inventories, prices and special offers, etc.
- BuyMyStock – a UAE-based platform for liquidating industrial stocks
- MileNow – a UAE-based API-provider for delivery services and marketplaces
- LIVID – a German SaaS for live video shopping streams
- Corner Renovation – a US-based platform for modeling home renovation solutions
- Purrmi – a Portuguese cat food delivery service
- NFT Apparel – an Australian NFT merchandising platform
- Lambda Supply Chain Solutions – an American AI-powered last-mile logistics facilitator
Some of the experts who will be assessing the pitches have also already been announced:
- Oleksandr Soroka – Partner & CEO at Network.VC
- Kay Gruenwoldt, Investor at Midgame Fund, the Netherlands
- Kelly Luo – Founder and Investor at Mans International, Canada
- Nikhil Choudhary, Founding Partner at Nirman Ventures, the USA
- Michal Lasocki, Partner at EEC Ventures, Poland
- Gajo Vanka – Group CFO at Fashion Union
- Ketevan Ebanoidze, Co-Founder t Impact Hub Tbilisi, Georgia
- Subrata Patra, Managing Partner at IdeaCapital Ventures, India
- Aldo Schenone, Founder and CEO at Palgo Peru, Peru
- Steven Yung, Managing Partner at Glocal LLC, Hong Kong
The pitching session will take place at 17:00 GMT on January 19th in Zoom. Founders will have 5-6 minutes each to pitch their startups and answer the judges’ questions, after which the vote will determine the winner.
Regular startup enthusiasts are also welcome to attend and vote, tickets are available at Eventbite. There is also an option to donate to charities that help Ukrainians affected by the ongoing war.
Unicorn Event’s previous pitches and battles are available in full on their official YouTube channel.
Kostiantyn is a freelance writer from Crimea but based in Lviv. He loves writing about IT and high tech because those topics are always upbeat and he’s an inherent optimist!