- Everyone startup-related is welcome at the EU-Startup Summit 2022 in Barcelona
- The date is May 12-13 2022, and the place is Palau de Congressos Catalunya in Barcelona
- Panel discussions, keynote speeches, and fireside chats from selected founders and investors will be complemented with live pitches with packs of exciting prizes
- VCs will also pitch themselves before startups in ‘reverse pitches’
Europe’s hottest startup event – EU Startup Summit 2022 – will take place in Barcelona this May. This time, Palau de Congressos – at the very heart of the city – will open its doors to startup founders and enthusiasts, angel investors and VCs, media and corporates from all over Europe and beyond. The Summit will be in-person.
May 12-13 will be tightly packed with unique opportunities for exchanging insights on everything that has to do with founding and scaling. That is not to mention an exciting networking opportunity (with a dedicated networking app).
Speakers and Topics
This year, the event brings together a total of over 70 recognized experts for panel discussion, fireside chats, and keynote speeches. Some of them have already been announced:
- Philip Belamant, Co-Founder and CEO at Zilch
- Mike Butcher, Editor-at-Large at TechCrunch
- Jochen Engert, Founder and CEO at FlixBus
- Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education, and Youth
- Avi Meier, Founder and CEO at TravelPerk
- Janneke Niessen, Founding Partner at CapitalIT
- Fritz Trott, Founder and CEO at Zenjob
- Merit Valdsalu, Founder and CEO at Single.Earth
- Nigel Verdon, Co-Founder and CEO at Railsbank
- And many more.
The discussions will all have to do with everything and anything Startup with a focus on the most recent cross-industry disruptions and future trends. More precisely:
- fundraising and creating growth ecosystems
- angels VS vcs VS crowdfunding
- data for startups
- building and utilizing partnerships to the fullest
- scaling and international expansion
- the future of business travel and virtual events
- diversity and inclusivity in the startups ecosystem
See the full tightly packed agenda here.
Since the summit is startup-centered, not having a pitching session would be a missed opportunity. This year, 15 finalists were chosen out of an overwhelming 1,300 applications:
- Autoscriber – an AI-powered speech recognition solution that extracts actionable data from conversations between doctors and patients
- Beatvest – a Gen Z-focused investment platform.
- Dashero – a cash flow dashboard tailored for digital businesses.
- Erasmus Play – a platform for facilitating housing for international students.
- Gossik – an AI-powered productivity assistant.
- GreenBytes – a cloud-based solution to predict food consumption and thus combat food waste.
- LandEx – the first land investment platform in the EU.
- LEGID App – an online marketplace for legal assistance.
- Megi – an AI-powered medical assistant and doctor-patient communication facilitator specializing in the cardiovascular sphere.
- Omgyno – a comprehensive medtech platform for women that combines telemedicine, sexual education, and eCommerce.
- Rackle – a plug-and-play suite for fintech product creators.
- scudi – an early wage access provider.
- StreamBee – a dashboard for content creators that collects performance data from all relevant platforms.
- Tryp.com – a comprehensive travel facilitation platform that picks the ultimate staying and transportation solutions for multi-destination travels.
- VMersive – a VR solution for surgeons.
The winner will be rewarded with an exciting set of prizes with a total worth of EUR 125K from the Summit’s partners, including APX, Freshworks, mysimpleshow, Outgrow, Pipedrive, Scaleway, SEMrush, Vonage, and EU Startup Summit itself. This year’s jury deciding the winner will comprise of:
- Lina Chong of Target Global
- Volker Hirsch of Amadeus Capital Partners
- Henric Hungerhoff of APX
- Dr Aline Vedder of Lakestar
Additionally, the Summit will include its know-how – ‘reverse pitching.’ This is where VCs pitch themselves before startups.
In a Nutshell
- Where: Palau de Congressos, Barcelona, Spain
- When: May 12-13 2022
- More information on the event’s website.
- Tickets here.
Kostiantyn is a freelance writer from Crimea but based in Lviv. He loves writing about IT and high tech because those topics are always upbeat and he’s an inherent optimist!