- Flashpoint’s SummerSaaS 2022 will take place on June 9 via Hopin
- Seed-stage startups from across five tracks – vertical SaaS, horizontal SaaS, developer tools, fintech, and new economy – are welcome to take part
- There will be a separate sixth track for startups working in Ukraine and an additional Startup Valley for all the startups applied for the participation in the event
On June 9, Flashpoint invites Seed-stage startups from CEE, as well as Finland and Israel, to its annual SummerSaaS pitching session. For the third time, startups will be welcome to pitch themselves before the representative of leading local and global funds. In addition, the fund representatives will share some insights on panel discussions and keynote speeches. The event will take place online via Hopin.
Flashpoint is an international investment group with offices in Warsaw, Budapest, and Riga, as well as in London, Tel-Aviv, and Nicosia. The group manages six funds for almost 150 family offices and HNWIs with a total AUM of over USD 500M. Up to date, Flashpoint has invested in over 50 companies (including Guesty, Chili Piper, IVI, Borzo Delivery, etc.) and completed twelve exits (including, most famously, Shazam to Apple and Chess.com to PokerStars founders and General Atlantic).
Eligibility and Prizes
This year, the pitching is divided into five tracks:
- Vertical Saas (construction, real-estate, logistics, etc.)
- Horizontal Saas (productivity, sales, HR, support)
- Developer Tools (R&D productivity, product analytics, DevOps)
- New Economy (gig economy, web3)
Aside from fitting into one of these categories, the applying startups need to have a monthly recurring revenue between USD 10K and 100K and/or raised between USD 0.3M and 3M. The deadline for the applications in May 31, after which five applicants will be selected for each track. Winners from each track will compete for the main prize at the Grand Finals. The winners will receive sponsor prizes from Flashpoint portfolio companies and leading technology enterprises, including:
- a USD 10K+ worth of Amazon Web Services credits
- a USD 5K+ complete Inbound Marketing Course from Hubspot’s top experts
- additional Hubspot discounts
- a complete recruiting solution from Comeet
- The Winner of the Grand Final will receive an individual coach session with Flashpoint Investment Team
Additionally, there will be a Startup Alley providing an opportunity for other select startups to showcase themselves.
In support of Ukraine, the attendees can choose the paid ticket donating funds to those affected by the war. Besides, there will be an additional track for startups working in Ukraine with a separate monetary prize.
Speakers and Jury
SummerSaaS 2022 roster of jury and speakers will include such names as:
- Alex Konoplyasty, General Partner at Flashpoint
- Anton Fedorov, SummerSaas Director at Flashpoint
- Dmytro Kuzmenko, Executive Director at UVCA
- Maciej Małysz, Partner at Inovo Venture Partners
- Ekaterina Gianelli, Partner at Inventure
- Borys Musielak, Founding Partner at SMOK Ventures
- Andreas Nemeth, Managing Partner at UNIQA Ventures
- Dan Calugareanu, Partner at Early Game Ventures
- Aurel Pasztor, Partner at Portfolion
- Michal Zalesak, Managing Partner at Lighthouse Ventures
- Markus Lang, Partner at SpeedInvest
- Omri Green, Partner at Dell Capital
- Premysl Rubes, Managing Partner at Presto Ventures
- Ondrej Bartos, General Partner at Credo Ventures
- Eva Arh, Partner at 3VC
- Adam Kostyal, Board Member at Nasdaq
- And more. Check out the full list here.
In a Nutshell
- When: June 9 2022
- Where: Online via Hopin
- Tickets: Pitch desk submission for startups here (deadline May 31), free registration for other participants here.
- More information: the event’s official website
For additional information on partnership opportunities contact Flashpoint’s Head of PR/IR Masha Eliseeva at [email protected].
Kostiantyn is a freelance writer from Crimea but based in Lviv. He loves writing about IT and high tech because those topics are always upbeat and he’s an inherent optimist!