- Fourth Unicorn Battle Q1 2023 will take place on February 2nd
- The judges will determine a BioTech/HealthTech startup to participate in the Unicorn CUP Finals
- There is one vacant participant slot left, and the organizers welcome one more startup working with the whole specter of relevant fields, from medicine and biopharma to nursing and pet care
Unicorn Battles Q1 2023 coninue with the BioTech & HealthTech Battle on February 2nd. It will be the fourth Battle in the current series and determine one more winning startup to participate in the Unicorn CUP Finals Q1 2023 on March 16th.
The regular sponsors are Network.VC, Silicon Valley Syndicate Club, and Startup Inc. The organizaers are to select ten applicants who will pitch before top-tier VC representatives as judges and experts. Their vote will determine the winning startup who will get an opportunity to compete with other winners at the Unicorn CUP Finals. Startups of the following sub-niches are welcome to apply to participate in the Battle:
- Health diagnostics and wellness
- Nursing and assisted living
- Nutrition and dietary supplements
- Cosmetic surgery
- Biohacking and longevity
There are three ways for a startup to enter the competition:
- Winners of Unicorn Events’ geography-specific pitches get whitelisted automatically
- Founders are welcome to apply here and get admitted to the competition by Unicorn Events’ analysts. Before applying, please take a look at the startups’ application procedure.
- Founders can also sponsor their pitches here and get shortlisted automatically
The ten selected participants include:
- Etitronica – an Italian manufacturer of smart watches for health monitoring
- Lily MedTech – a Japanese developer of AI-powered CT devices
- 3 Ridge Technologies – an American provider of microbe-based indoor farming accelerators
- LogMeal – a Spanish AI-powered food recognition and monitoring platform
- ComeBack Mobility (covered by ITKeyMedia) – a US-based weight-bearing optimization solution provider for crutch users
- Medscrape – an American platform for global exchange of medical information and opinions
- Ochy – a French mobile app that uses video recording and AI to help athletes improve their performance
- Robota – an Italian developer of sterilization devices for medical instruments
- EnlitenAI – a US-based developer of wearables and software for monitoring, treatment, and prevention of epileptic seizures
Some of the experts who will be assessing the pitches have also already been announced. They include:
- Oleksandr Soroka – Partner & CEO at Network.VC
- Jordan Wahbeh – Managing Partner at SV Venture Group
- Gary Fowler – Co-Founder & CEO at GSD Venture Studios
- Gaurav Shah – Managing Partner at Arete Ventures
- Aldo Schenone, Founder and CEO at Palgo Peru
- Selçuk Ergin, managing partner at Boza Ventures
- Gajo Vanka – Group CFO at Fashion Union
- Peter Hlavnicka – Venture Partner at R3i Ventures
- Steven Yung, Managing Partner at Glocal LLC
- Gabriel Žanko, venture partner at Urano Capital
- Kelly Luo – Founder and Investor at Mans International
- and more
The pitching session will take place at 17:00 GMT February in Zoom. As usual, each startup representative will have 5-6 minutes to pitch and answer the judges’ questions. When they are done, the judges will finalize their votes, and the winner of the BioTech & HealthTech Battle Q1 2023 will be announced.
General audiences are welcome to attend and vote, tickets are available at Eventbite.
You are welcome to watch Unicorn Event’s previous pitches and battles in full on their official YouTube channel.
Kostiantyn is a freelance writer from Crimea but based in Lviv. He loves writing about IT and high tech because those topics are always upbeat and he’s an inherent optimist!