The best way to predict the future is to create it. Fearless, ambitious, and entrepreneurial young minds around the world are leveraging technology to build creative solutions to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Millennial founders are not afraid to dream big to create a better and brighter 2017. We want to amplify their impact!
Kairos Society, celebrates millennial entrepreneurial talent. The Kairos 50 (K50) annually recognizes 50 seed-stage companies that are actively addressing complex global challenges with a market-ready prototype or product. This year they will reveal these companies at the Kairos Global Summit, where they will unveil their disruptive technologies to the world on the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange on 21-22 April 2017.
At last year’s Kairos Global Summit, over 100 investors attended the Kairos 50 showcase, and Inc Magazine profiled each company. Over $350k was invested live at the event, including an investment led by Twitter co-founder Ev Williams and James Joaquin of Obvious Ventures. The top 25 Kairos companies of the past four years have collectively raised over $500mln in investment capital, with a market cap of over $2bn.
On 2016, we had many interesting success stories at Polish eco-system. Let’s kick this year off well by nominating more Polish ventures that are contributing to building a better and brighter future for all. Each K50 Applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Co-Founder Status: the applicant/nominee must be a co-founder of the company.
- Age Eligibility: he or she must have been under the age of 26 at the time the company was founded.
- Working Product/Prototype: each company must have a product or prototype that can be demoed at the time of submission.
- Business Model: must clearly fit one of the following two categories: Cutting-edge Technologies Entering Massive, Outdated Industries (such as transportation, logistics, healthcare) New Products & Services Addressing Fundamental Human Needs
- Kairos Global Summit Attendance: he or she must be able to attend and showcase the product or prototype at the Kairos Global Summit, which takes place in New York, NY from April 21-22. They may bring other co-founders or team members.
- Fundraising: companies should be pre-Series A at the time of application.
- References: Applicants must have at least one reference to give feedback to Kairos on their team, product, and traction.
Radio addict, blogger. working on his 1st book ever.