- The seventh Unicorn Battle in the Q1 2023 series will take place on February 23rd
- The theme of the Battle will be AI, ML, NLP, etc.
- The jury will determine the winner from 12 contestants
As Unicorn Battles Q1 2023 are slowly finalizing, February 23rd will mark the seventh Battle in the series. It will be the AI Batte with startups specializing in various applications of AI and ML. The Battle will determine the seventh participant of the Unicorn CUP Finals Q1 2023 which will take place on March 16th.
Network.VC, Silicon Valley Syndicate Club, and Startup Inc. are the regular sponsors of the event. Top-tier VC representatives will evaluate pitches from twelve founders. Even though the regular number of participants in a Battle is ten, startups are still welcome to apply – the organizers are sometimes willing to make an exception to this rule.
The winner goes to the next level and will compete for the absolute winner’s title with other winning startups at the Unicorn CUP Finals. Startups of the following sub-niches are welcome to apply to participate in the Battle:
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
- Natural language processing
- Neural networks
- Anything else AI-related
There are three ways for a startup to enter the competition:
- Winners of Unicorn Events’ geography-specific pitches get whitelisted automatically
- Founders are welcome to apply here and get admitted to the competition by Unicorn Events analysts. Before applying, please take a look at the startups’ application procedure.
- Founders can also sponsor their pitches here and get shortlisted automatically
The twelve selected contestants include:
- Staple – a Singaporean universal document processor
- Datuum.ai – a Ukrainian no-code data integrator (which also participated in the Industry Agnostic Battle)
- ELNAV – a Croatian communication facilitator for ship employees
- Activechat.ai – a Ukrainian chatbot provider
- Quantic Brains Technologies – a Spanish automation solution for 3D character generation
- Opground – a Spanish jobseeking platform for AI talent
- EyeCheckup – a Turkish eyesight diagnostics solution provider
- HNA.Live – an American manufacturing productivity monitor
- Beynex – a Turkish cognitive tracking system for mental wellbeing
- Sparkler – a US-based personalized knowledge management tool
- Aindo – an Italian data processor
- INCYMO – a Cypriot ad performance booster for free-to-play games
The esteemed jury of the Industry Agnostic Unicorn Battle Q1 2023 will include:
- Oleksandr Soroka, Partner & CEO at Network.VC
- Kelly Luo, Founder and Investor at Mans International (Canada)
- John D. Evans, GM at SEIML Ventures (China)
- Angelo Burgarello, Director of Business Development and Partner at AI Startup Incubator (Czechia)
- Gaurav Shah, Managing Partner at Arete Ventures (India)
- Savaş Ünsal, Founder and President at Unsal Global Ventures (Turkey)
- Aldo Schenone, CEO at Palgo Peru (Peru)
- Michal Lasocki, Partner at EEC Ventures, Poland
The AI Battle begins at 17:00 GMT February 23rd in Zoom. Each startup representative will have up to 6 minutes to pitch. After the jury finalizes their votes, the winner will be announced.
General audiences are also welcome to attend and vote, tickets are available at Eventbite.
Unicorn Events’ previous pitches and battles are available in full on the official YouTube channel.
Kostiantyn is a freelance writer from Crimea but based in Lviv. He loves writing about IT and high tech because those topics are always upbeat and he’s an inherent optimist!